Thursday, September 17, 2009

My Hourglass

I'd say for the past ten years I've been counting down the time, anxious for what's going to happen next. I've always waited anxiously for the perfect man, the perfect career, the perfect house/home, the perfect life...the perfect plan. I've never allowed myself to sit back and breath and be happy and TRUELY content and joyous in whatever place I am in life.

I'm tired of allowing this discontent in my life. I'm not saying I'm not a happy/joyous person - I am, I just want to celebrate my life. I am so thankful for everything I have, I'm thankful for every person in my life. I don't want to sit and wait anymore, I want to live in the moment, experience the joy of the people and things I'm surround by everyday. I don't want to watch the sand in the hourglass trickle so quickly that I was never able to really play the game.

I'm flipping the hourglass over, filling the top bulb up and allowing myself to really feel life and love it! All of this may sound cheesy, but I really haven't created this blog for you. I want this to be an outlet for me, for me express my joys and sorrows and excitement, but really allow a place for reflection. Those of you who know me, know I'm pretty much an open book so this blog will probably not surprise you. I just need to share my heart and my desire to allow my life to be all that God intended it to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment